Programs and Presentations
To discuss your interest in having Sondra, an expert on women's role in philanthropy, engage with your organization, email her at:
Sondra has successfully presented and consulted with over a hundred organizations and institutions ranging from small community groups, community foundations, and women’s funds to large universities and national organizations.
Her messages about the importance of women’s philanthropy and how it is changing the way philanthropy is conducted, have reached thousands of development officers, financial institutions, boards and women philanthropists.
She has consulted with or presented to over forty educational institutions and scores of community organizations to help them establish a women’s giving initiative or a women’s giving circle.
Shown in the bottom photo on the right are leaders of the women’s philanthropic movement at the November 2008 Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University Symposium where Sondra and Martha Taylor received the first “Shaw-Hardy Taylor Award for Extraordinary Contributions to Moving Women’s Philanthropy Forward.”
Sondra Shaw-Hardy Inspires and Motivates: Customized Keynote Addresses
Some suggested titles:
- “Women’s Philanthropy: Empowerment, Passion & Impact”
- “Women, Power, Money and Philanthropy”
- “Generations, Gender, and Generosity”
- “Couple Giving in the 21st Century”
- “Investing in Women’s Philanthropy”
- “The Power of Women’s Philanthropy: A Conversation and a Call to Action”
- “Women and Philanthropy: Unlocking and Understanding the Transformative Power of Giving in Female Clients”
- “Engaging Women – Strategies and Techniques to Involve Women in Philanthropy”
- “The Power of Women to Change Lives Through Philanthropy”
- “Becoming a Philanthropic Leader”
- “The Power of the Purse”
Customized Education Workshops
- Workshop 1 – For women donors and prospects to help women understand more about the women’s philanthropy movement, and find their passions and voices.
- Workshop 2 – For development officers, administration and boards to educate them about women’s giving potential and best methods to engage women in giving to their organization or institution.
- Workshop 3 – For financial institutions to inform them about the different ways women give, save, and invest and what this knowledge means to increasing their client base.
Webinars for Donors, Development Personnel and Financial Advisors
These personalized, interactive, and tailored presentations provide the most recent information and research available about women and philanthropy. The material is presented in an enjoyable and engaging manner with the use of many stories and examples. Following the webinar, participants will have strategies for more effective giving and fundraising.
Consulting and Presentations to Organizations
- Motivational and inspirational addresses
- Assistance with establishing a giving circle
- Cultivation conversations with women donors and prospective donors
- Focus groups
- Internal evaluation and assessment
- Training for staff, management, and board
- Report of findings and recommendations for proceeding including initiative establishment, prospects for leadership, educational programming for donors, and ongoing consulting.
Sondra customizes all her programs for the specific audience and includes names and photographs of donors to the organization. She melds the mission of the organization into her presentation and can include ways for the audience to become further involved in giving to the organization.
Video Interviews of Sondra Shaw Hardy
MSN Money : Sondra Hardy speaks on Giving Circles and women's giving